Hello! I wrote a simple script "sco_features.pl" which show all supported codecs by local HCI bluetooth adapter. Script is available at: https://github.com/pali/hsphfpd-prototype/blob/prototype/sco_features.pl And I found out that OCF_READ_LOCAL_CODECS HCI command cannot be send by non-root user. Kernel returns "Operation not permitted" error. What is reason that kernel blocks OCF_READ_LOCAL_CODECS command for non-root users? Without it (audio) application does not know which codecs local bluetooth adapter supports. E.g. OCF_READ_LOCAL_EXT_FEATURES or OCF_READ_VOICE_SETTING commands can be send also by non-root user and kernel does not block them. -- Pali Rohár pali.rohar@gmail.com