Linux-Bluetooth Archive on lore.kernel.org
* bluez: Export SDP "Remote audio volume control" item for HSP profile
@ 2019-12-12 17:29 Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2019-12-12 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello!

According to HSP 1.2 specification, section 4.7 Remote Audio Volume
Control, Support for remote audio volume control is optional, so an
implementation may support none, either, or both of the controls for
microphone volume and speaker volume.

According to HSP 1.2 specification, section 5.3 SDP Interoperability
Requirements, bluetooth device with HSP profile announce via SDP "Remote
audio volume control" field information if device itself supports volume
control.

But currently I did not found any way how to access "Remote audio volume
control" SDP field in (pulseaudio) application as bluez does not export
it.

Can you please export this field? E.g. for HFP profile all optional
features from SDP are passed to NewConnection() DBus method via
fd_properties dictionary under Features key. Could you export that
"Remote audio volume control" bit for HSP profile in Features key?

And in same way, this needs to be handled also in RegisterProfile() DBus
method.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: bluez: Export SDP "Remote audio volume control" item for HSP profile
@ 2019-12-12 19:42 ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2019-12-12 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pali Rohár; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Pali,

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 7:31 PM Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> According to HSP 1.2 specification, section 4.7 Remote Audio Volume
> Control, Support for remote audio volume control is optional, so an
> implementation may support none, either, or both of the controls for
> microphone volume and speaker volume.
>
> According to HSP 1.2 specification, section 5.3 SDP Interoperability
> Requirements, bluetooth device with HSP profile announce via SDP "Remote
> audio volume control" field information if device itself supports volume
> control.
>
> But currently I did not found any way how to access "Remote audio volume
> control" SDP field in (pulseaudio) application as bluez does not export
> it.
>
> Can you please export this field? E.g. for HFP profile all optional
> features from SDP are passed to NewConnection() DBus method via
> fd_properties dictionary under Features key. Could you export that
> "Remote audio volume control" bit for HSP profile in Features key?
>
> And in same way, this needs to be handled also in RegisterProfile() DBus
> method.

Do you have a use case in mind?

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: bluez: Export SDP "Remote audio volume control" item for HSP profile
@ 2019-12-12 23:03   ` Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2019-12-12 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

On Thursday 12 December 2019 21:42:27 Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> Hi Pali,
>
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 7:31 PM Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > According to HSP 1.2 specification, section 4.7 Remote Audio Volume
> > Control, Support for remote audio volume control is optional, so an
> > implementation may support none, either, or both of the controls for
> > microphone volume and speaker volume.
> >
> > According to HSP 1.2 specification, section 5.3 SDP Interoperability
> > Requirements, bluetooth device with HSP profile announce via SDP "Remote
> > audio volume control" field information if device itself supports volume
> > control.
> >
> > But currently I did not found any way how to access "Remote audio volume
> > control" SDP field in (pulseaudio) application as bluez does not export
> > it.
> >
> > Can you please export this field? E.g. for HFP profile all optional
> > features from SDP are passed to NewConnection() DBus method via
> > fd_properties dictionary under Features key. Could you export that
> > "Remote audio volume control" bit for HSP profile in Features key?
> >
> > And in same way, this needs to be handled also in RegisterProfile() DBus
> > method.
>
> Do you have a use case in mind?

Yes, checking in pulseaudio if remote side announce that supports remote
volume control or not. And based on this switch to software volume
level.

--

@ 2020-02-09 13:02     ` Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2020-02-09 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

On Friday 13 December 2019 00:03:14 Pali Rohár wrote:
> On Thursday 12 December 2019 21:42:27 Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> > Hi Pali,
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 7:31 PM Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > According to HSP 1.2 specification, section 4.7 Remote Audio Volume
> > > Control, Support for remote audio volume control is optional, so an
> > > implementation may support none, either, or both of the controls for
> > > microphone volume and speaker volume.
> > >
> > > According to HSP 1.2 specification, section 5.3 SDP Interoperability
> > > Requirements, bluetooth device with HSP profile announce via SDP "Remote
> > > audio volume control" field information if device itself supports volume
> > > control.
> > >
> > > But currently I did not found any way how to access "Remote audio volume
> > > control" SDP field in (pulseaudio) application as bluez does not export
> > > it.
> > >
> > > Can you please export this field? E.g. for HFP profile all optional
> > > features from SDP are passed to NewConnection() DBus method via
> > > fd_properties dictionary under Features key. Could you export that
> > > "Remote audio volume control" bit for HSP profile in Features key?
> > >
> > > And in same way, this needs to be handled also in RegisterProfile() DBus
> > > method.
> >
> > Do you have a use case in mind?
>
> Yes, checking in pulseaudio if remote side announce that supports remote
> volume control or not. And based on this switch to software volume
> level.

Hello Luiz! Is it is possible to export this field?

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com