Linux-Bluetooth Archive on lore.kernel.org
* A2DP sound in ALSA vs PulseAudio
@ 2019-07-24 15:22 Marcel Brouillet
From: Marcel Brouillet @ 2019-07-24 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello,

I have enabled A2DP sinking on my Ubuntu 18.03 computer, and I am able
to stream sound from my phone to my PC. Pavucontrol sees a new device in
"Configuration", a new input in the "Input Devices" tab and a new item
in the "Playback" tab : "Loopback from xyz".

BUT there are no new devices shown in ALSA (result of aplay -l is
unchanged). It seems this is intentional by design, to only register the
new devices in Pulse Audio. I use Mixxx which lists ALSA devices.

Question : What is the best current way to get A2DP sound at ALSA level ?

I found relevant discussions :

- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12338621/a2dp-sink-without-pulseaudio

-
https://forum.armbian.com/topic/6480-bluealsa-bluetooth-audio-using-alsa-not-pulseaudio/
referencing a BluezAlsa project.

Has any of the above been integrated in the core bluez (should I
recompile bluez with a config parameter) ?

Is there any advocacy against listing the devices in ALSA ? or any
incompatibilities ?

Thank you.

only message in thread, back to index