linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Algorithm for create serial connection without rfcomm
       [not found]                       ` <480C9E29A742984996B50276401889F36B33E940@msceml521-mbx.china.huawei.com>
@ 2018-04-25  7:53                         ` Проклов Александр Валерьевич
       [not found]                           ` <CAAu3APYXpqO77M0AhAVD-EnOapXAOXsAD4e26x5ULTVCxfSreg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Проклов Александр Валерьевич @ 2018-04-25  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi all,

The rfcomm command is deprecated, what is the use of the algorithm to
create serial connections?

Whether it is possible to create /dev/rfcomm not using rfcomm command
through Dbus or another utility from Bluez5?

In many forums, people also ask this question, and everything is decided
by adding rfcomm command.

--------------
Best regards,
Aleksandr Proklov

* Re: Algorithm for create serial connection without rfcomm
       [not found]                           ` <CAAu3APYXpqO77M0AhAVD-EnOapXAOXsAD4e26x5ULTVCxfSreg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-04-27  5:56                             ` Проклов Александр Валерьевич
From: Проклов Александр Валерьевич @ 2018-04-27  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Thank you Barry Byford,

Your example is more understandable for me, but I do not know python.
If I understand correctly, the algorithm is as follows:
1. Connect to device (pair, connect)
2. "Release" profile
3. "RegisterProfile" with parameters. profile_path - path for new
profile on Dbus?

After RegisterProfile device port /dev/rfcomm created automatic or need
more operation?

4. For disconnect make RequestDisconnection

@ 2018-04-28  3:28                             ` Проклов Александр Валерьевич
From: Проклов Александр Валерьевич @ 2018-04-28  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

No, nothing is clear yet.

I use bash script for manage bluetooth, dbus-send command help me use DBus.

All programm need serial device ex: /dev/ttyS0 or for bluetooth
/dev/rfcomm0 created.

I can not understand whether a device will be created, or it should be
created by myself. And how to create a device with a given name ex:
/dev/rfcomm0

After run ./spp-profile  script will the device file be created in /dev
directory?

* May be 'bluetoothctl devices' not right?
       [not found]                       ` <480C9E29A742984996B50276401889F36B33E940@msceml521-mbx.china.huawei.com>
@ 2019-08-01  5:35                         ` Проклов Александр Валерьевич
From: Проклов Александр Валерьевич @ 2019-08-01  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi all,

The 'devices' command 'List available devices' should show all founded
devices after 'scan on' (all visible paired and unpaired devices?).

Now (git version bluetoothctl) 'devices' command show visible devices
and all paired devices even if the device is turned off (not available).

May be exclude the display of paired devices that are turned off (not
available)?

Best regards,
Aleksandr Proklov

* Re: May be 'bluetoothctl devices' not right?
@ 2019-08-05  5:09                           ` Проклов Александр Валерьевич
From: Проклов Александр Валерьевич @ 2019-08-05  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Maybe you know the standart method to check availability of the device ?

Now i use l2ping command for this.