linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: "Gix, Brian" <brian.gix@intel.com>
To: Venkat Vallapaneni <vallapaneni@socoptimum.com>
Cc: "linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org" <linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: bluez meshctl error: socket operation on non-socket
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 22:52:01 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Venkat,

Are you attempting to provision a device that requires PB-GATT provisioning?  If so, the bluetoothd daemon must be up and running. However, this tool is old, and will probably be deprecated at some point.

However most Mesh devices should support Advertising based provisioning.

The Mesh daemon (Bluetooth-meshd) and the mesh-cfgclient tool (in the tools directory) has been undergoing modification even since v5.52, so you will want to checkout the tip.

./tools/mesh-cfgclient is the tool most appropriate for mesh development today.