linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* PAN - Migrate client from pand to bluez5
@ 2021-09-15 17:48 Miguel Horta
From: Miguel Horta @ 2021-09-15 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi all,
currently I have a Bluetooth PAN working where both the master and
clients run on outdated software, i.e. it uses bluez3/4 tools (hcitool,
hciconfig, pand, etc).

I'm attempting to gradually migrate (unfortunately I can't touch the
server for the time being) this setup by replacing some of clients with
new hardware that runs Ubuntu 20.04 (bluez 5.53). I've been attempting
to establish a connection with the master (pand 4.59, GN role) following
a guide that I think describes the most up-to-date methodology,
http://blog.fraggod.net/2015/03/28/bluetooth-pan-network-setup-with-bluez-5x.html.
  Unfortunately, I can't even get past the pairing step, it ask for a
PIN that was never needed before, and it gets canceled right after:

[bluetooth]# agent on
[bluetooth]# power on
[bluetooth]# scan on
[bluetooth]# pair XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
Attempting to pair with XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
[CHG] Device XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX Connected: yes
Request PIN code
[agent] Enter PIN code: Request canceled
Failed to pair: org.bluez.Error.AuthenticationCanceled
[CHG] Device XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX Connected: no

With the old setup no PIN was needed. I've searching if it is possible
to pair without PIN, or what indicates that a PIN is necessary but with
no avail.  I've tried to use another agent like "DisplayOnly" or
"NoInputNoOutput", but the PIN is always requested.

Why is a PIN now needed? What am I missing?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-09-15 17:48 UTC | newest]