Linux-Bluetooth Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
* Directed advertisements from the command line
@ 2019-02-02 14:59 Youssif Saeed
From: Youssif Saeed @ 2019-02-02 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi

Is there a tool/utility/option for enabling directed advertising?
Currently, it seems that the only options available through
bluetoothctl is undirected advertising. I can see that there is a
"type" field in the advertising section, but from browsing through the
source, it looks like the only supported options are "peripheral" and
"broadcast" (This can be seen in bluez/client/main.c). Is there an
option or another utility that enables this feature?

I am using BlueZ 5.50 on an Ubuntu machine running Linux 4.15.0-43 generic.

Thanks
Youssif