linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* connectDevice - dbus adapter api
@ 2019-07-31 18:14 Ordit Gross
From: Ordit Gross @ 2019-07-31 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth; +Cc: ordit Binshtok

hi all,
I have an application that attempts to connect to a paired speaker every minute.
in case the remote speaker performs reset, the speaker side keys are gone.
the local device still attempts to reconnect to that device
(bluetoothd still have all credentials saved).

I would like to have a connect_reply "authentication failed" but am
only getting org.bluez.Error.Failed
I want to have that information so I could clear credentials from my
side (remove device)
** the failed connect might happen also if the speaker is not in
reach, so this alone isn't a good indication.

how can I overcome this issue?
(btmon shows the complete information authentication failed)

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/doc/adapter-api.txt

I appreciate your help!
thanks in advance
Ordit

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-07-31 18:14 UTC | newest]