linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@gmail.com>
To: Chris Clayton <chris2553@googlemail.com>
Cc: Chris Murphy <lists@colorremedies.com>,
	Bluetooth <linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org>,
	regressions@lists.linux.dev
Subject: Re: bug kernel 5.17, qualcom and intel adapters, unable to reliably connect to bluetooth devices
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 22:55:56 -0800	[thread overview]

Hi Chris,

On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 6:31 PM Luiz Augusto von Dentz
<luiz.dentz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 2:47 PM Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> <luiz.dentz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 2:40 PM Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> > <luiz.dentz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Chris,

> > > It did connect every single time.

> > > I have an AX200 on my system, AX201 is very similar so Id be surprised
> > > if that is the problem, btw Ive also got some unexpected events but
> > > that didn't stop the headset to reconnect.

> > > Not saying there isn't something wrong, we have sent a couple of fixes
> > > that doesn't seem to be merged yet, and we are working on another one
> > > for fixing the scan:
> > >
> > > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-bluetooth/f648f2e11bb3c2974c32e605a85ac3a9fac944f1.camel@redhat.com/T/
> >
> > Btw, are you by any chance doing something like hciconfig hci0 up on
> > your init scripts?
>
> Looks like I was able to reproduce but I still don't know the cause,
> anyway the symptom is the following:
>
> [23412.856410] remove_uuid:2273: hci0: sock 0000000049dcd70a
> [23412.856467] mgmt_class_complete:2174: hci0: err 0
> [23412.856470] mgmt_cmd_complete:176: sock 00000000d63e046a
>
> It looks like the cmd->sk is wrong/corrupted, what is even more
> strange is that the socket pointer does seem to match previously
> connected MGMT clients and after a few attempts with btmgmt> power on
> it does come back to life, very bizarre...
>
> Can you try to enable some kernel debugs before you start bluetoothd:
>
> echo "file net/bluetooth/mgmt.c +pfl" > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
> echo "file net/bluetooth/mgmt_util.c +pfl" >
> /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
>
> Maybe that should give us a clue what triggers it.

Here is an attempt to fix the problem:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/bluetooth/patch/20220302064351.225212-1-luiz.dentz@gmail.com/

Also it probably make more sense to test with the following tree since
we are using it to push regression fixes:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bluetooth/bluetooth.git/

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz