linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Compatibility issue with Zephyr BLE
@ 2018-11-06 16:30 dhananjay gj
From: dhananjay gj @ 2018-11-06 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello All,
       I am working on BLE based barcode scanner which will send the
data via HID over GATT profile. I am using Nordic based nRF52840
device and Zephyr 1.13 BLE stack with default connection interval
parameters set by the peer system.

My device uses 5 BLE Tx buffers so that my HID application works fast
since more HID characters can be sent per connection interval. This
works as expected in Android, iOS Host devices. But on Windows 10 and
Ubuntu system the behavior seen is that HID characters are not
accepted after some point. The last character that is sent before
hanging is printed continuously until the connection is closed. The
common factor between both these laptops is Intel BLE chipsets. I also
posted a similar question in zephyr but my application works fine in
Android and iOS device with increased buffers. The suggestion was that
peer is not handling data transfers in "connection event length" for
some reason. Most of the time the disconnect reason is either 0x22 or
0x08.

When only one packet is sent per connection interval then there is no
problem with this connection. But this affects my throughput sending
press and release keys for every HID character.

Has anyone else faced similar issue with data stopped receiving
abruptly in Intel chipsets in either Windows or Linux systems due to
increased Tx buffers on the peripheral side.

Regards,
Dhananjay G J

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-11-06 16:30 UTC | newest]