linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [Mesh] Query regarding Configuration Client Model
@ 2019-09-09  9:49 anurag biradar
       [not found] ` <CACXRGxxjN4OwjzFmeV3tRJrFQkGJwj1NDzh7exQjsgZP3gWjuw@mail.gmail.com>
From: anurag biradar @ 2019-09-09  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello All

I was browsing through code for PB-ADV bearer based mesh
implementation in bluez.
I am trying for Provisioner role, able to provision a node. As of now
struck with Configuration Client Model.
I couldn't see any interface exposed by bluez to do this, is it
something like bluez is expecting application to implement
Configuration Client Model using "DevKeySend" and
"DevKeyMessageReceive" method calls and store all required binding and
appkey details in application or in future bluez will implement
Configuration Client Model and expose interface to access those
information.

 Any guidance would be very helpful.

Thanks and Regards
Anurag

* Re: [Mesh] Query regarding Configuration Client Model
       [not found] ` <CACXRGxxjN4OwjzFmeV3tRJrFQkGJwj1NDzh7exQjsgZP3gWjuw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2019-09-09 10:32   ` anurag biradar
From: anurag biradar @ 2019-09-09 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michał Lowas-Rzechonek; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 3:39 PM Michał Lowas-Rzechonek
<michal.lowas-rzechonek@silvair.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Sep 2019, 11:49 anurag biradar, <anuragbiradar@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I couldn't see any interface exposed by bluez to do this, is it
>> something like bluez is expecting application to implement
>> Configuration Client Model using "DevKeySend" and
>> "DevKeyMessageReceive" method calls and store all required binding and
>> appkey details in application
>
> Yes.
>
> At the momemt we don't plan to implement Config Client Model inside the daemon, only the Server.
Thank you for the clarification.

If application stores the required provisioned data. So is it like
bluez will expose an interface through which application
can set required model to appkey binding for particular node. Because
as for my understanding bluez should be knowing which appkey should
picked when it receives app related data.