Linux-Bluetooth Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
* Re: ELL changes breaking BlueZ tip?
       [not found] <DEBB0CAA2616974FAE35E4B560B9A4375C13D7A5@ORSMSX103.amr.corp.intel.com>
@ 2018-12-06  8:19 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2018-12-06  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Gix; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, Luiz Augusto von Dentz, Stotland, Inga

Hi Brian,

> I am getting significant compile errors trying to build bluez on the master tip today, that seem to be related to new ELL external v internal changes?
>
> Build environment: vanilla Fedora 28 with ELL version 0.15 installed
>

> It starts out by complaining that there is no rule to build:
> ell/util.c

please re-run ./bootstrap-configure and I would urge to use the internal ELL following the description in README. Mind you that only internal ELL related files are linked and build when either --enable-mesh or --enable-btpclient is selected.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: ELL changes breaking BlueZ tip?
@ 2018-12-06  9:18   ` Johan Hedberg
From: Johan Hedberg @ 2018-12-06  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann
  Cc: Brian Gix, linux-bluetooth, Luiz Von Dentz, Stotland, Inga

Hi Marcel,

> On 6 Dec 2018, at 10.19, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@holtmann.org> wrote:
>> I am getting significant compile errors trying to build bluez on the master tip today, that seem to be related to new ELL external v internal changes?
>>
>> Build environment: vanilla Fedora 28 with ELL version 0.15 installed
>>

>> It starts out by complaining that there is no rule to build:
>> ell/util.c
>
> please re-run ./bootstrap-configure and I would urge to use the internal ELL following the description in README. Mind you that only internal ELL related files are linked and build when either --enable-mesh or --enable-btpclient is selected.

./bootstrap-configure && make does’t work for me either:

  CC       ell/util.lo
ell/util.c:27: error: "_GNU_SOURCE" redefined [-Werror]
 #define _GNU_SOURCE

In file included from ell/util.c:24:
./config.h:97: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 # define _GNU_SOURCE 1

Johan

* Re: ELL changes breaking BlueZ tip?
@ 2018-12-06 11:00     ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2018-12-06 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johan Hedberg
  Cc: Brian Gix, linux-bluetooth, Luiz Augusto von Dentz, Stotland, Inga

Hi Johan,

>>> I am getting significant compile errors trying to build bluez on the master tip today, that seem to be related to new ELL external v internal changes?
>>>
>>> Build environment: vanilla Fedora 28 with ELL version 0.15 installed
>>>

>>> It starts out by complaining that there is no rule to build:
>>> ell/util.c
>>
>> please re-run ./bootstrap-configure and I would urge to use the internal ELL following the description in README. Mind you that only internal ELL related files are linked and build when either --enable-mesh or --enable-btpclient is selected.
>
> ./bootstrap-configure && make does’t work for me either:
>
>  CC       ell/util.lo
> ell/util.c:27: error: "_GNU_SOURCE" redefined [-Werror]
> #define _GNU_SOURCE
>
> In file included from ell/util.c:24:
> ./config.h:97: note: this is the location of the previous definition
> # define _GNU_SOURCE 1

that is from Lucas’ patch adding #define _GNU_SOURCE 1 into config.h. We need to revert that only real users of _GNU_SOURCE define it in their .c files.

Regards

Marcel