Linux-Bluetooth Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Bluez does not connect to A2DP sink
@ 2020-01-07  8:50 Thomas Ruprecht
From: Thomas Ruprecht @ 2020-01-07  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth, luiz.von.dentz

Hi,

I got a problem with bluez since 5.51 that was recently discussed in the
thread https://marc.info/?l=linux-bluetooth&m=157081619423081&w=2: My
headset auto-connects but is not registered as a2dp sink. Unfortunately,
the proposed patch did not solve this issue for my setup.

I also could track down this regression to commit 477ecca (policy: Add
logic to connect a Sink); applying it to 5.50 yields the connection
issues. After that, I applied your patch in commit 52faac4 (audio: Fix
cancelling disconnect timeout), but it did not change. I used only these
two commits on top of version 5.50 to isolate the problem (it is the
same with version 5.51 and 5.52) and gathered the logs of running
`bluetoothd -dn` and `btmon -w` for the three setups:
* version 5.50 (patch-0),
* version 5.50 + 477ecca (patch-1), and
* version 5.50 + 477ecca + 52faac4 (patch-2).
For all three logs I powered the headset on to connect it, waited a few
moments, and then powered off to disconnect. You can find them at
https://gist.github.com/6d733ba9ac6cf04c71625a08e8365178.

@Luiz Augusto von Dentz: Sorry if I sent you this mail multiple times,
it probably got filtered from the mailing list as I attached the logs in
previous attempts.

Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

* Re: Bluez does not connect to A2DP sink
@ 2020-01-07 21:51 ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2020-01-07 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Ruprecht; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, Luiz Augusto Von Dentz

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 12:51 AM Thomas Ruprecht
<thomas.ruprecht@tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got a problem with bluez since 5.51 that was recently discussed in the
> thread https://marc.info/?l=linux-bluetooth&m=157081619423081&w=2: My
> headset auto-connects but is not registered as a2dp sink. Unfortunately,
> the proposed patch did not solve this issue for my setup.
>
> I also could track down this regression to commit 477ecca (policy: Add
> logic to connect a Sink); applying it to 5.50 yields the connection
> issues. After that, I applied your patch in commit 52faac4 (audio: Fix
> cancelling disconnect timeout), but it did not change. I used only these
> two commits on top of version 5.50 to isolate the problem (it is the
> same with version 5.51 and 5.52) and gathered the logs of running
> `bluetoothd -dn` and `btmon -w` for the three setups:
> * version 5.50 (patch-0),
> * version 5.50 + 477ecca (patch-1), and
> * version 5.50 + 477ecca + 52faac4 (patch-2).
> For all three logs I powered the headset on to connect it, waited a few
> moments, and then powered off to disconnect. You can find them at
> https://gist.github.com/6d733ba9ac6cf04c71625a08e8365178.

From the logs it looks like it does connects but it aborts after the
suspend, so it might not be related to reconnection policy but
something else that you device do not like, perhaps the suspend being
initiated or something like it? What headset model is this btw?

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: Bluez does not connect to A2DP sink
@ 2020-01-08 20:51   ` Thomas Ruprecht
From: Thomas Ruprecht @ 2020-01-08 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, Luiz Augusto Von Dentz