linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* bluez: avrcp: Initial value of absolute volume
@ 2019-06-12  7:25 Arun Raghavan
From: Arun Raghavan @ 2019-06-12  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello,
I'm using BlueZ as A2DP Sink and AVRCP controller on my laptop, and had a question about how absolute volume should work when I connect a phone to my laptop.

I notice in btmon that at connection time, the phone sends a register notification for the absolute volume event, and BlueZ responds with a current absolute volume of 100%. In the code, this seems to be initialised at media_transport_init_sink() and the initial volume is hard-coded to 127.

What this means is that after my initial connection to the device, I set some volume, disconnect and reconnect, and the volume is now 100% and any changes on the phone cause the device to play at full volume.

I can, of course, set a volume as soon as the transport is created from the client side, but it seems wrong to me that we communicate an incorrect initial value.

Am I missing something? If not, perhaps we can allow an initial volume to be passed during SetConfiguration so that the transport is initialised with the correct volume?

Cheers,
Arun

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-06-12  7:25 UTC | newest]