linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: "Kazda, Petr" <Petr.Kazda@konicaminolta.cz>
To: Ramya BM <m.ramya@globaledgesoft.com>
Cc: "linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org" <linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: Bluez4 HSP problems -> backporting of Bluez5 to Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 16:35:19 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello,
thank you for the reply.

In the meantime I have done some tests and I managed to build Bluez 5.49 on 12.04 with 3.4.0 kernel without much issues (except Dbus 1.6 dependency, but that is easy to solve by building it from source). I also successfully managed to build Pulse 7.1 and vendor drivers for the BT Dongle.

After lot of trial and error it came out that removing of the rtl8723bu_config from /lib/.../firmware directory solves the issue with HSP. It is probably some kernel specific issue as on another machine with newer kernel it works all together.

Now we can use the BT headsets in HSP mode, new Bluez improved the compatibility with many headsets and new Pulse with NEON support consumes considerably less CPU.

So we are happy with the setup now :)

Best regards,
Petr