Linux-Bluetooth Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
* Call to GattManager1.RegisterApplication times out
@ 2019-02-02  0:02 David Frey
From: David Frey @ 2019-02-02  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi,

I am trying to write a battery service
(https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/gatt/viewer?attributeXmlFile=org.bluetooth.service.battery_service.xml)
that runs in BlueZ to expose the battery level of a device over BLE.

The application that I have written is available here:
https://github.com/dpfrey/bluez_battery_service

I'm new to GLib/GIO/GObject, so trying to get this working has been
pretty overwhelming due to the complexity of that stack.

I have a USB Bluetooth adapter which is recognized by BlueZ 5.50 that's
running on my computer.  When I run my program, this is the output I get:

$ ./fake_bs
Starting fake battery service!
BusAcquired
NameAcquired
Found object: /org/bluez/hci0 which implements org.bluez.GattManager1
Error registering BS application: Timeout was reached

If you have any ideas why the method call would be timing out, please
let me know.  Also if there is any additional information that would be
helpful in understanding where the failure is occurring, let me know and
I will reply with more information.

Are there any good examples of Bluetooth services implemented in C using
GDBus?  In the BlueZ source tree I found "test/example-gatt-server"
which is written in Python and "tools/gatt-service.c" which is written
in C, but it uses dbus-glib rather than GDBus.  My understanding is that
dbus-glib is deprecated.

Thanks,
David

only message in thread, back to index