Linux-BTRFS Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro>
To: linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org
Subject: 64k and 4k page size inter-op?
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 00:49:16 +0200

I recently ran into trouble moving btrfs volumes between an amd64 host
(4k page size) and powerpc64el (64k page size)

As far as I can tell, the only option to ensure compatibility between
the two hosts is to

a) recompile the powerpc64el kernel for a 4k page size,

b) re-format any volumes created with 64k sectorsize so they have 4k instead

Is there any other reasonable way to proceed?

Are there any downsides to using the 4k page size on powerpc64el?

Regards,

Daniel