From: Marc MERLIN <marc@merlins.org>
To: Chris Mason <clm@fb.com>
Cc: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@cox.net>,
	linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org, takeuchi_satoru@jp.fujitsu.com
Subject: Re: 3.15.0-rc5: now sync and mount are hung on call_rwsem_down_write_failed
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 16:13:37 -0700	[thread overview]

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 04:24:49PM -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
> > I was able to kill btrfs send and receive, but mencoder is very hung, and
> > sync does not finish either:
> > 10654 merlin   sync                        sync_inodes_sb
> > 17191 merlin   sync                        call_rwsem_down_read_failed
> >
> > I'm not posting the sysrq-w every time, but I have it available if needed.
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> Can I have the sysrq-w from this one if it's still available?

Argh, just found out that the bug caused none of the 2 copies to ever
be committed to disk (including an ext4 partition), and the remote
syslog lost too much for it to be useful.

What's more weird is the previous one, where I was able to copy the
syslog data that never got committed to disk but was still in the page
cache to another machine, I just realized that this one is missing the
beginning (it starts at cpu #4).

So it looks like the only complete one I have right now is
http://marc.merlins.org/tmp/btrfs-hang.txt

If you need more, please let me know, and I'll make sure that I save
that very carefully next time.

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....