On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 10:17:28AM -0700, Chris Murphy wrote: > On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 5:13 AM, Austin S. Hemmelgarn > wrote: > > >> It definitely does fix ups during normal operations. During reads, if > >> there's a UNC or there's corruption detected, Btrfs gets the good > >> copy, and does a (I think it's an overwrite, not COW) fixup. Fixups > >> don't just happen with scrubbing. Even raid56 supports these kinds of > >> passive fixups back to disk. > > > > I could have sworn it didn't rewrite the data on-disk during normal usage. > > I mean, I know for certain that it will return the correct data to userspace > > if at all possible, but I was under the impression it will just log the > > error during normal operation. > > No, everything except raid56 has had it since a long time, I can't > even think how far back, maybe even before 3.0. Whereas raid56 got it > in 4.12. Yes, I'm pretty sure it's been like that ever since I've been using btrfs (somewhere around the early neolithic). Hugo. -- Hugo Mills | Turning, pages turning in the widening bath, hugo@... carfax.org.uk | The spine cannot bear the humidity. http://carfax.org.uk/ | Books fall apart; the binding cannot hold. PGP: E2AB1DE4 | Page 129 is loosed upon the world. Zarf