From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@gmail.com>
To: Chris Murphy <lists@colorremedies.com>,
	Anton Shepelev <anton.txt@gmail.com>
Cc: Btrfs BTRFS <linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Spurious mount point
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 15:51:32 +0300	[thread overview]

16.10.2018 0:33, Chris Murphy пишет:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 3:26 PM, Anton Shepelev <anton.txt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Chris Murphy to Anton Shepelev:

>>> Sounds like some service taking snapshots regularly is
>>> managing this.  Maybe this is Mint or Ubuntu and you're
>>> using Timeshift?
>>
>> It is SUSE Linux and (probably) its tool called `snapper',
>> but I have not found a clue in its documentation.
>
> I wasn't aware that SUSE was now using the @ location for snapshots,

It does not "use @ for snapshots". It is using /@ as top level directory
for root layout. This was changed from using / directly quite some time
ago (2-3 years).

Snapshots are located in own subvolume which is either /.snapshots (if
your install is old) or /@/.snapshots and is always mounted as
/.snapshots in current root.

> or that it was using Btrfs for /home. For a while it's been XFS with a
> Btrfs sysroot.

Default proposal is separate home partition with XFS, it can of course
be changed during installation.

Note that after default installation /@/.snapshots/1/snapshot is default
subvolume and *the* filesystem root, which gets mounted as "/". So it
could be result of bind-mount of /hana on /home/hana (/hana is resolved
to "default-subvolume"/hana => /@/.snapshots/1/snapshot/hana).