Linux-BTRFS Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Qu Wenruo <quwenruo.btrfs@gmx.com>
To: Sergiu Cozma <lssjbrolli@gmail.com>
Cc: linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: fix for ERROR: cannot read chunk root
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 09:46:50 +0800

On 2019/11/10 下午11:40, Sergiu Cozma wrote:
> root   856153161728
> chunk_root     856119312384
>
> Aren't those nr too high for a 416GB partition?

It's btrfs logical address, they can be any aligned numbers in the range
of (0, U64-1).

So no problem at all.

Just check this:
# mkfs.btrfs -f -b 1G $dev
# mount $dev $mnt
# for i in $(seq 5); do
    btrfs balance --full $mnt
$ btrfs ins dump-super /dev/nvme/btrfs | grep chunk_root
chunk_root_generation   132
chunk_root              2018525184  << Way beyond 1G.
chunk_root_level        0

According to "have 0" errors, they are wiped somehow, and it's not
caused by btrfs kernel module.

Thanks,
Qu