On 2019-02-07 5:19 p.m., Chris Murphy wrote: > And actually, you could mitigate some decent amount of Btrfs missing > features with server monitoring tools; including parsing kernel > messages. Because right now you aren't even informed of read or write > errors, device or csums mismatches or fixups, unless you're checking > kernel messages. Where mdadm has the option for emailing notifications > to an admin for such things, and lvm has a monitor that I guess does > something I haven't used it. Literally Btrfs will only complain about > failed writes that would cause immediate ejection of the device by md. You can, and probably should, have an hourly cron job that does something like btrfs dev stats -c / || Command to sound sysadmin alarm the only difference here is that this is not, at this time, already baked into distros by default. I think I saw mention of a project recently to to build a package that automates common btrfs maintenance tasks?