Linux-BTRFS Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: "Holger Hoffstätte" <holger@applied-asynchrony.com>
To: linux-btrfs <linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Q: what exactly does SSD mode still do?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 19:16:24 +0100

Hi,

could someone explain what SSD mode *actually* still does? Not ssd_spread,
that's clear and unrelated. A recent commit removed the thread-offloaded
bio submission (avoiding context switches etc.) - which I thought was the
reason for SSD mode? - and looking through the code I couldn't find any
bits that helped clarify the difference.

Thanks!
Holger