* Music-files suddenly not recognized anymore, empty files - Btrfschk reports errors
@ 2010-06-12 20:40 Clemens Eisserer
From: Clemens Eisserer @ 2010-06-12 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

Recently Amarok started to reject some of music files.
Some files seem to be simply corrupted (mplayer is still able to play
them), other have zero length.

Btrfsck reports:
root 5 inode 1371 errors 400
found 42498768896 bytes used err is 1
total csum bytes: 41015664
total tree bytes: 498728960
total fs tree bytes: 406466560
btree space waste bytes: 110792472
file data blocks allocated: 271306133504
 referenced 46886879232
Btrfs Btrfs v0.19

Anything I can do to repair those errors?

Thank you in advance, Clemens

* Re: Music-files suddenly not recognized anymore, empty files - Btrfschk reports errors
@ 2010-06-12 20:50 ` C Anthony Risinger
From: C Anthony Risinger @ 2010-06-12 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clemens Eisserer; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy@gmail.com=
> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently Amarok started to reject some of music files.
> Some files seem to be simply corrupted (mplayer is still able to play
> them), other have zero length.
>
> Btrfsck reports:
> root 5 inode 1371 errors 400
> found 42498768896 bytes used err is 1
> total csum bytes: 41015664
> total tree bytes: 498728960
> total fs tree bytes: 406466560
> btree space waste bytes: 110792472
> file data blocks allocated: 271306133504
> =A0referenced 46886879232
> Btrfs Btrfs v0.19
>

> Anything I can do to repair those errors?

have you taken any snapshots?  you could pull them from there maybe.

btrfsck is not able to repair anything yet.
in

* Re: Music-files suddenly not recognized anymore, empty files - Btrfschk reports errors
@ 2010-06-12 22:10   ` Clemens Eisserer
From: Clemens Eisserer @ 2010-06-12 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

> have you taken any snapshots? =C2=A0you could pull them from there ma=
ybe.
No snapshots unfourtunatly.

I wonder what could have caused those filesystem errors.
The only "unusual" thing I did was to mount it with "compress", but
other than that - i didn't even stress it a lot.

> btrfsck is not able to repair anything yet.

Oh, sad to hear that. Ok I guess that means backing up my data and
re-formating is probably the best I can do.

Thanks, Clemens
in

* Re: Music-files suddenly not recognized anymore, empty files - Btrfschk reports errors
@ 2010-06-12 22:39 ` Chris Mason
From: Chris Mason @ 2010-06-12 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clemens Eisserer; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 10:40:53PM +0200, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently Amarok started to reject some of music files.
> Some files seem to be simply corrupted (mplayer is still able to play
> them), other have zero length.
>
> Btrfsck reports:
> root 5 inode 1371 errors 400
> found 42498768896 bytes used err is 1
> total csum bytes: 41015664
> total tree bytes: 498728960
> total fs tree bytes: 406466560
> btree space waste bytes: 110792472
> file data blocks allocated: 271306133504
>  referenced 46886879232
> Btrfs Btrfs v0.19

These errors are non-fatal, which kernel are you running?  Do you have
any btrfs related kernel messages?

Did the system crash at all?

-chris