From: Mitch Harder <mitch.harder@sabayonlinux.org>
To: Mike Fedyk <mfedyk@mikefedyk.com>
Cc: Marek Otahal <markotahal@gmail.com>, linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Btrfs-progs: Update man page for mixed data+metadata option.
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:28:44 -0600	[thread overview]

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Mike Fedyk <mfedyk@mikefedyk.com> wro=
te:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Marek Otahal <markotahal@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>> On Friday 12 of November 2010 18:44:12 you wrote:
>>> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Josef Bacik <josef@redhat.com> wr=
ote:

>>> Then a warning of 10% slowdown if > 10GB would be good. =A0It's
>>> surprising how many will just read some forum post and not concern
>>> themselves with the docs at all.
>>>
>>> And making them type "yes" if > 100GB is probably a good idea too..=
=2E
>> My 2c: I'm against bloating the program just because of people who d=
on't RTFM.
>> Just mention it clearly in docs and that's enough, linux does what i=
t's asked
>> for, not the "Are you really really sure you want to do this?" known=
 from some
>> other OS. Anyway, btrfs-progs would be probably run by a user with r=
oot

> I was thinking of what ssh does when it sees a changed key...
" in
> More majordomo info at =A0http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Thanks for the input everybody.

=46or now, I'm going to leave the man page entry relatively simple to
stay consistent with the level of information provided by the other
switches.

I'll submit the updated patch in a fresh post to the M/L.

I see a lot of activity in patch submissions for btrfs-progs, so if
anybody would like me to rework this patch or the parent patch on
implementing data+metadata in btrfs-progs for any reason, let me know.
in