From: Chris Murphy <lists@colorremedies.com>
To: Btrfs BTRFS <linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: mount hangs after disk crash (RAID-1)
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 10:27:28 -0600	[thread overview]

On May 22, 2014, at 3:43 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@cox.net> wrote:

> Note that unlike md/raid1, btrfs raid1 won't mount writable with only a
> single device.  You must have at least two devices to mount writable, tho
> a formerly two-device raid1 with a device missing should mount read-only.

No, a single device from a two device Btrfs raid1 is normally mountable degraded,rw. I did this just a week ago when bug "kernel BUG at fs/btrfs/locking.c when mounting with previously missing device". At one point when reproducing it, I was running degraded,rw with a single device for several hours without problems.

Try -o recovery,degraded

I would drop the other options for now, since they aren't necessary to recover from a device failure.

Chris Murphy