* Adding to multi-device raid filesystems
@ 2010-06-11  4:28 Adrian -
From: Adrian - @ 2010-06-11  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Dear all,

What raid policy does a subsequent balance operation follow

when adding a new device to an existing -d raid0 filesystem

initially created on two devices? What if the initial creation

was raid1?

In particular, if I have two 1TB drives that I initially stripe,

can I subsequently mirror them onto a 2TB drive that I add

later on? Can I recover if any single drive fails?

Thank you.

Look 'em in the eye: FREE Messenger video chat
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9734386

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-06-11  4:28 UTC | newest]