Linux-BTRFS Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Qu Wenruo <quwenruo.btrfs@gmx.com>
Cc: linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Help needed, server is unresponsive after btrfs balance
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 20:17:50 +0800

On 2019/2/5 下午7:45, Moritz M wrote:

>>> Thanks, was not aware that I turned it on. Is
>>>
>>> btrfs quota disable /
>>>
>>> enough for disabling qgroups?
>>
>> Yep
>
> Do you have any idea how to validate if the enabled qgroups led to my
> problem?

It's a common fact.

Especially for balance.

In this patch you could see some of the performance difference:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/10725589/

The final fix should make balance only takes 3 seconds for that workload.
Exactly the same with qgroup disabled.

In short, quota enabled, balance takes 20s~2min (depends on the kernel
version), with quota disabled or with all my optimization, it takes 3s.

Thanks,
Qu