On 2017年10月28日 01:37, David Sterba wrote: > On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 03:29:28PM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote: >> This patchset adds quota support, which means the result fs will have >> quota enabled by default, and its accounting is already consistent, no >> manually rescan or quota enable is needed. > > Great, thanks for working on that. I'm going to merge the preparatory > patches next. I'm not sure about the command line option, we might want > to design it in a similar way as -O/--features. As this is a runtime > feature (unlike the on-disk format features), a new option will be > needed, backed by some research what other mkfs.* tools use. Well, checked xfs and ext4, they mostly co-operate with mount options and mkfs options to handle optional feature like their quota. But considering they have multiple options for journal/extra setting, it won't be reasonable for mkfs.btrfs to have something like "--runtime-features|-R" If you're OK with that option name, I can use it to implement "-R quota". > > The uuid_tree would at least use the btrfs_create_tree, but I don't > think we'd need to create it only on request, so quotas will be the only > option. > >> 2) Fill quota root with basic skeleton >> Only 3 items are really needed >> a) global quota status item >> b) quota info for 0/5 qgroup >> c) quota limit for 0/5 qgroup >> >> The content doesn't matter at all. > > How would --rootdir and quotas behave in that case? A related question > is what will be the semantics of rootdir+quotas+subvolume created at > mkfs time. > > We can certainly start with only quotas on the empty filesystem, but I'm > sure somebody will ask for the wild combination at some point. I'll add test case for quota with --rootdir in next update. Thanks, Qu > -- > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-btrfs" in > the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org > More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html >