Linux-BTRFS Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@gmail.com>
To: "Jakob Schöttl" <jschoett@gmail.com>, linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Cannot 'mount -o degraded /dev/replacement' after a replace
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 18:36:37 +0300

09.02.2019 13:36, Jakob Schöttl пишет:
>   btrfs filesystem show   # to get devid of device 2

Funny because for me it just says "Some devices missing" without giving
exact device id. May be has been fixed in recent versions but for a long
time it really annoyed me.

OK, when I just unplug device it does not say it - but it also does not
say *which* device is missing, it happily continues to show old device
names at the time of mount, be they actually present or not.

I always wondered how users are supposed to know which device to replace.

  parent reply index