On 2019/2/12 下午3:43, Remi Gauvin wrote: > On 2019-02-12 2:22 a.m., Qu Wenruo wrote: > >>> Does this mean you would rely on scrub/CSUM to repair the missing data >>> if device is restored? >> >> Yes, just as btrfs usually does. >> > > I don't really understand the implications of the problems with mounting > fs when single/dup data chunk are allocated on raid1, Consider this use case: One btrfs with 2 devices, RAID1 for data and metadata. One day devid 2 got failure, and before replacement arrives, user can only use devid 1 alone. (Maybe that's the root fs). Then new disk arrived, user replaced the missing device, caused SINGLE or DUP chunks on devid 1, and more importantly, some metadata/data is already in DUP/SINGLE chunks. Then some days later, devid 1 get failure too, now user is unable to mount the fs degraded RW any more, since SINGLE/DUP chunks are all on devid 1, and no way to replace devid 1. Thanks, Qu > but I would think > that would actually be a preferable situation than filling a drive with > 'data' we know is completely bogus... converting single/dup data to raid > should be much faster than tripping on CSUM errors, and less prone to > missed errors? > >