Hi Linus, >> Do you know about the Zen3 status, I was thinking to replace the system >> by this one with AMD Ryzen 9 5950X: > > I have heard nothing but good things about Zen3 so far (apart from > apparently people complaining about availability), but it's only been > out a few months, so obviously coverage is somewhat limited. > > I wish AMD hadn't decimated their Linux team (several years ago), and > they definitely had some embarrassing issues early on with Zen (apart > from the Zen 1 stability issues, they've screwed up rdrand at least > three times, iirc). But I've yet to hear of any Zen 3 issues, and I > suspect I'll upgrade when Threadripper comes out (I've become quite > spoiled by the build speeds of my Threadripper 3970X - the only thing > I miss is the better 'perf' support from Intel PEBS). > > Note that I'm not necessarily the person who would hear about any > issues first, though, so take the above with a pinch of salt. Thanks for the hints! While we're waiting for the Ryzen 9 5950X machine to get ready, I upgraded the Ryzen Threadripper 2950X to a 5.10 kernel and we didn't had a freeze yet again. Do you think 5.10 would be good for the Ryzen 9 5950X too? Thanks! metze