Am 20.12.19 um 04:26 schrieb Steve French: > The work of Metze's on RDMA/smbdirect extensions to Samba, rely in > part on kernel code. I can help merge that into the kernel but I > would like some agreement between Metze and Long Li (and Tom etc.) on > what would be useful to be shared between cifs.ko and the proposed > RDMA helpe driver for Samba. From discussions this fall, it is > probably too early to consider the merge request, but I am very open > to following up discussions on this. Yes, it's too early. Sadly I still don't have funding to drive this further. But once I have time for it again I'll try to get this to a state where we no longer have memory leaks and pass the microsoft testsuite and manual testing. Once that's done it should be pretty easy to plug this also into cifs.ko (I already have patches and it worked basically a few month ago) and also into the cifsd code. So that we can compare how the implementations perform and if mine is able to perform in a similar way we can start to think about merging it to the kernel have just one implementation for the SMB-Direct protocol that is usable for all 4 cases (cifs.ko and smbclient as client and Samba's smbd and the kernel cifsd as server). metze