linux-cifs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Search for advice on testing whether a local CIFS fd closed remotely
@ 2019-07-26  8:22 Gefei Li
From: Gefei Li @ 2019-07-26  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-cifs

Hi,

From some stack overflow result I know that on a local ext4/fat32
system, we can test whether a file descriptor is valid through
"fcntl(fd, F_GETFD)". But in cifs cases, a fd typically bind a local
fd to remote handle, do we have some c function/syscall that can test
whether the fd is remotely closed?

I've tried some windows way like "ioctl", which works well, and in
linux local file system "fcntl" works. Tried to use "fcntl" on kernel
5.1.15, found no server request is received.. Could you please give me
some advice on testing whether a fd is remoted closed in CIFS client?

Appreciate for your help!

Best Regards,
Gefei