Your series is currently in cifs-2.6.git for-next, and it is less risky if we keep it there, in my tree (assuming your series is up to date). I have attached the version I have merged, which presumably is still the latest unless you have changed it in the last week. As mentioned earlier, I may touch related code if I revisit the WIP patch I had to move the conversion of "/" to "\" (depending on server type), later ie when the conversion (e.g. to Unicode, the UCS-2 on the wire format) is done, rather than earlier (when full path is build from the dentries). The seven from your branch also can be seen starting at commit (in the cifs for-next branch that linux-next pulls from) https://git.samba.org/?p=sfrench/cifs-2.6.git;a=commit;h=57704d22e55b9f49e797fe19bb6b5b5b429beb58 If you have updated versions let me know. On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 3:42 PM Al Viro wrote: > > On Fri, Apr 09, 2021 at 08:36:24PM -0500, Steve French wrote: > > Your series passed an all Azure test group > > http://smb3-test-rhel-75.southcentralus.cloudapp.azure.com/#/builders/11/builds/20 > > (with additional patches) and the main test group (with your 7 and > > Ronnie's finsert/fcollapse) > > http://smb3-test-rhel-75.southcentralus.cloudapp.azure.com/#/builders/11/builds/20 > > which tests to the wider variety of server and target server fs types. > > OK... I can > * rebase it on top of your tree and repost the patches for applying > to cifs.git > * rebase it and send you a pull request > * send you a pull request on the branch as-is > * keep it in vfs.git and send a pull request to Linus when window > opens. > > Which variant would you prefer? -- Thanks, Steve