linux-cifs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [GIT PULL] cifs/smb3 client fixes
@ 2021-08-30  5:48 Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2021-08-30  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: LKML, CIFS

Please pull the following changes since commit
e22ce8eb631bdc47a4a4ea7ecf4e4ba499db4f93:

  Linux 5.14-rc7 (2021-08-22 14:24:56 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git tags/5.15-rc-smb3-fixes-part1

for you to fetch changes up to 3998f0b8bc49ec784990971dc1f16bf367b19078:

  cifs: Do not leak EDEADLK to dgetents64 for
STATUS_USER_SESSION_DELETED (2021-08-25 16:08:38 -0500)

11 cifs/smb3 client fixes:
- mostly restructuring to allow disabling less secure algorithms (this
will allow eventual removing rc4 and md4 from general use in the
kernel)
- 4 fixes, including 2 for stable
- enable r/w support with fscache and cifs.ko

Am working on a larger set of changes (the usual ... multichannel,
auth and signing improvements), but wanted to get these in earlier to
reduce chance of merge conflicts
later in the merge window.
Ding Hui (1):
      cifs: fix wrong release in sess_alloc_buffer() failed path

Len Baker (1):
      CIFS: Fix a potencially linear read overflow

Ronnie Sahlberg (4):
      cifs: remove support for NTLM and weaker authentication algorithms
      cifs: fork arc4 and create a separate module for it for cifs and
other users
      cifs: create a MD4 module and switch cifs.ko to use it
      cifs: Do not leak EDEADLK to dgetents64 for STATUS_USER_SESSION_DELETED

Shyam Prasad N (1):
      cifs: enable fscache usage even for files opened as rw

Steve French (4):
      smb3: fix posix extensions mount option
      oid_registry: Add OIDs for missing Spnego auth mechanisms to Macs
      cifs: cifs_md4 convert to SPDX identifier
      cifs: add cifs_common directory to MAINTAINERS file

 MAINTAINERS                  |   1 +
 fs/Kconfig                   |   7 ++
 fs/Makefile                  |   1 +
 fs/cifs/Kconfig              |  30 -------
 fs/cifs/cifs_debug.c         |  11 ---
 fs/cifs/cifs_swn.c           |   2 -
 fs/cifs/cifs_unicode.c       |   9 +-
 fs/cifs/cifsencrypt.c        |  89 +-------------------
 fs/cifs/cifsfs.c             |   8 --
 fs/cifs/cifsglob.h           |  32 +------
 fs/cifs/cifspdu.h            |  28 -------
 fs/cifs/cifsproto.h          |  10 ---
 fs/cifs/cifssmb.c            | 107 +-----------------------
 fs/cifs/connect.c            |  32 -------
 fs/cifs/file.c               |  15 +++-
 fs/cifs/fs_context.c         |  25 ++----
 fs/cifs/fs_context.h         |   3 -
 fs/cifs/fscache.c            |  41 +++++++--
 fs/cifs/fscache.h            |  23 ++++++
 fs/cifs/inode.c              |   6 ++
 fs/cifs/readdir.c            |  23 +++++-
 fs/cifs/sess.c               | 257
+--------------------------------------------------------
 fs/cifs/smb2maperror.c       |   1 -
 fs/cifs/smbencrypt.c         | 139 +++----------------------------
 fs/cifs_common/Makefile      |   7 ++
 fs/cifs_common/arc4.h        |  23 ++++++
 fs/cifs_common/cifs_arc4.c   |  87 +++++++++++++++++++
 fs/cifs_common/cifs_md4.c    | 197 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 fs/cifs_common/md4.h         |  27 ++++++
 include/linux/oid_registry.h |   7 ++
 create mode 100644 fs/cifs_common/Makefile
 create mode 100644 fs/cifs_common/arc4.h
 create mode 100644 fs/cifs_common/cifs_arc4.c
 create mode 100644 fs/cifs_common/cifs_md4.c
 create mode 100644 fs/cifs_common/md4.h

Steve

* Re: [GIT PULL] cifs/smb3 client fixes
@ 2021-08-31 16:39 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2021-08-31 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve French; +Cc: LKML, CIFS

On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 10:48 PM Steve French <smfrench@gmail.com> wrote:

> - mostly restructuring to allow disabling less secure algorithms (this
> will allow eventual removing rc4 and md4 from general use in the
> kernel)

Well, you should probably have mentioned that you already started on
this by removing LANMAN support.

I'm sincerely hoping nobody used or depended on that old garbage in
this day and age any more.

Anyway, entirely unrelated question: you pretty much interchangeably
use "cifs" or "smb3" for the filesystem, as shown once more by the
commit messages here (but also the subject line).

The filesystem directory is called "cifs", and I've taken to use that
in my "Pull cifs updates" thing from you to just avoiding the
confusion.

And now we have ksmbd (yup, I just merged that pull request too), so
we have a "cifs client" and a "smb server". Aaarrgh.

I understand that some people may care about the name, may care about
"smb2 vs smb3", or whatever. But I have to admit finding it a bit
annoying how the code and the directory layout uses these different
terms pretty much randomly with no real apparent logic.

Somehow the NFS people had no problem completely changing everything
about their protocols and then still calling the end result "nfs
client" vs "nfs server".

Oh well. I'm assuming it's not going to change, and it's not really a
problem, I just wanted to mention my frustration about how clear as
mud the naming is.

             Linus

* Re: [GIT PULL] cifs/smb3 client fixes
@ 2021-08-31 16:41 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2021-08-31 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve French; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, LKML, CIFS

The pull request you sent on Mon, 30 Aug 2021 00:48:32 -0500:

> git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git tags/5.15-rc-smb3-fixes-part1

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/9c849ce86e0fa93a218614eac562ace44053d7ce

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/prtracker.html

* Re: [GIT PULL] cifs/smb3 client fixes
@ 2021-08-31 17:08   ` Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2021-08-31 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: LKML, CIFS

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 11:40 AM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 10:48 PM Steve French <smfrench@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > - mostly restructuring to allow disabling less secure algorithms (this
> > will allow eventual removing rc4 and md4 from general use in the
> > kernel)
>
> Well, you should probably have mentioned that you already started on
> this by removing LANMAN support.
>
> I'm sincerely hoping nobody used or depended on that old garbage in
> this day and age any more.
>
> Anyway, entirely unrelated question: you pretty much interchangeably
> use "cifs" or "smb3" for the filesystem, as shown once more by the
> commit messages here (but also the subject line).
>
> The filesystem directory is called "cifs", and I've taken to use that
> in my "Pull cifs updates" thing from you to just avoiding the
> confusion.
>
> And now we have ksmbd (yup, I just merged that pull request too), so
> we have a "cifs client" and a "smb server". Aaarrgh.
>
> I understand that some people may care about the name, may care about
> "smb2 vs smb3", or whatever. But I have to admit finding it a bit
> annoying how the code and the directory layout uses these different
> terms pretty much randomly with no real apparent logic.
>
> Somehow the NFS people had no problem completely changing everything
> about their protocols and then still calling the end result "nfs
> client" vs "nfs server".
>
> Oh well. I'm assuming it's not going to change, and it's not really a
> problem, I just wanted to mention my frustration about how clear as
> mud the naming is.
>              Linus

I (and many at Microsoft and in Samba team etc.) also have a strong
desire to stop
using the word "CIFS" as it has been associated with some very high profile
attacks, and with the introduction of SMB2.1 support (which was far more
secure) in 2009 no one should be using the very old CIFS dialect
(aka "SMB1" dialect).  So if you are ok with renaming the client dir and module
name - we can gradually stop using the word/name "cifs" except for the
parts of code which really are needed to access the (unfortunately
hundreds of millions of) very old devices which require SMB1 ("CIFS").
We could even build two versions of the module "smb3.ko" which does not
include support for the less secure legacy dialects and "cifs.ko" which does
include it.   Is there a precedent for something similar.

Note that with the introduction of various security features
in SMB3 (then even more security features in SMB3.1.1) it seems like it seemed
confusing to users to tell them "mount -t cifs ..." which was why I
added support
for "mount -t smb3 (to cifs.ko)  in the 4.18 kernel/   but I also
would strongly like to
stop using the word "cifs" in module name going forward, even if it does cause
a little bit of extra work for distros (most of which could be handled
in the mount
helper in any case)

If no objections,  we can start moving most things on
the client to "smb.ko" rather than "cifs.ko" ...

Do you have any objections to me renaming the client's source
directory to "fs/smb3"
(or fs/smb) and fs/smb3_common ...?

@ 2021-08-31 17:43     ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2021-08-31 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve French; +Cc: LKML, CIFS

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 10:09 AM Steve French <smfrench@gmail.com> wrote:

>   So if you are ok with renaming the client dir and module
> name - we can gradually stop using the word/name "cifs" except for the
> parts of code which really are needed to access the (unfortunately
> hundreds of millions of) very old devices which require SMB1 ("CIFS").

I'm ok with directory renames, git handles it all well enough that the
pain should be fairly minimal.

I'd ask for that to be done during a fairly calm cycle, though, when
there isn't a lot pending, so that any rename conflicts will be
minimized.

> We could even build two versions of the module "smb3.ko" which does not
> include support for the less secure legacy dialects and "cifs.ko" which does
> include it.   Is there a precedent for something similar.

I'm not sure there is precedent for that, but that's not a huge issue per se.

Whether it's actually worth it having two separate modules, I don't know.

That said, I'm not entirely enamoured with the name "smb" as a module
(or directory) name, to put it lightly.

Part of it is that it can mean "system management bus" too, although
in the kernel we happily universally (?) use "smbus" for that.

But a big part of it is exactly the history of random different names,
which means that I'd like any new name to be more explicit than a TLA
that has been mis-used for so long.

So yes, we have "fs/nfs/", but I'd rather _not_ have "fs/smb/".

They may superficially look entirely equivalent - but one of them has
had a consistent name that is unambiguous and has no horrible naming
history. The other has not.

> Do you have any objections to me renaming the client's source
> directory to "fs/smb3" (or fs/smb) and fs/smb3_common ...?

So no objections to the rename per se, but can we please use a more
specific name that is *not* tainted by history?

I'll throw out two suggestions, but they are just that: (a) "smbfs" or
(b) "smb-client".

I think "smbfs" has the nice property of making it clear that this is
just the filesystem part of the smb protocols - that otherwise cover a
lot of other things too (at least historically printers, although I
have no idea how true that is any more).

And "smb-client" as a name is in no way great, but at least it's not
just a TLA, and from a naming standpoint it would match the
"smb-common" thing (although I guess you used an underscore, not a
dash).

Again - those are just two random suggestions, and I'm not married to
either of them, I just really don't like just that "smb" because of
all the historical naming baggage.

So if we rename, we should rename it to something new and slightly
more specific than what we used to have.

I'd rather have a module called "smbfs.ko" (or "smb-fs.ko" or
"smb-client.ko" etc) than "smb.ko".

And no, I wouldn't want it to be called "smb3" either. Because it
clearly does cifs/smb1 and smb2 too (even if people would obviously
like to deprecate at least the older parts).

Hmm? Is there some unambiguous name that is in use by the smb
community and would work?

                 Linus

* Re: [GIT PULL] cifs/smb3 client fixes
@ 2021-08-31 18:06       ` Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2021-08-31 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: LKML, CIFS

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 12:43 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 10:09 AM Steve French <smfrench@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >   So if you are ok with renaming the client dir and module
> > name - we can gradually stop using the word/name "cifs" except for the
> > parts of code which really are needed to access the (unfortunately
> > hundreds of millions of) very old devices which require SMB1 ("CIFS").
>
> I'm ok with directory renames, git handles it all well enough that the
> pain should be fairly minimal.
>
> I'd ask for that to be done during a fairly calm cycle, though, when
> there isn't a lot pending, so that any rename conflicts will be
> minimized.

Given likely movement of various common server/client functions into
cifs_common in the short term - we can delay renaming "fs/cifs"
(and fs/cifs_common) to e.g. "fs/smbfs" to 5.16 or 5.17

> > We could even build two versions of the module "smb3.ko" which does not
> > include support for the less secure legacy dialects and "cifs.ko" which does
> > include it.   Is there a precedent for something similar.
>
> I'm not sure there is precedent for that, but that's not a huge issue per se.

<snip>

> > Do you have any objections to me renaming the client's source
> > directory to "fs/smb3" (or fs/smb) and fs/smb3_common ...?
>
> So no objections to the rename per se, but can we please use a more
> specific name that is *not* tainted by history?
>
> I'll throw out two suggestions, but they are just that: (a) "smbfs" or
> (b) "smb-client".
>
> I think "smbfs" has the nice property of making it clear that this is
> just the filesystem part of the smb protocols - that otherwise cover a
> lot of other things too (at least historically printers, although I
> have no idea how true that is any more).

"smbfs" would likely be fine and I can bounce the idea around
others on Samba team etc.  And yes you are right, the broader
"SMB family of protocols" covers a lot of other functions
(from systems management, DCE/RPC, clustering, change notification,
named pipes, global name space ... not just files and printers) so "smbfs"
as a name for the client fs module going forward may be a bit less confusing.

> So if we rename, we should rename it to something new and slightly
> more specific than what we used to have.
>
> I'd rather have a module called "smbfs.ko" (or "smb-fs.ko" or
> "smb-client.ko" etc) than "smb.ko".

That should be easy enough (IIRC FreeBSD called their
module "smbfs), but presumably wait until 5.16 or 5.17
to lessen merge conflicts etc.

Steve

* Fwd: [GIT PULL] cifs/smb3 client fixes
@ 2021-09-13 16:19       ` Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2021-09-13 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CIFS; +Cc: ronnie sahlberg, Namjae Jeon

Any thoughts on rename of fs/cifs directory (so it is less confusing
in this post-cifs, smb3 world) ... I created a patch to rename it to
fs/smbfs but that could cause confusion because the directory would
then have the same names as the really old implementation of an smb
client on Linux (removed more than 10 years ago, created 20+ years
ago) which was in "fs/smbfs."     I don't see a precedent for fs
directory names like smb-fs or smb_fs or smb-client or smb_client ...
but that might be clearer.

e.g. with the "git mv fs/cifs fs/smbfs" if you then do a "git log
fs/smbfs" you see commits from a long time ago that have nothing to do
with cifs.ko

My slight preference would be a directory name like "fs/smb_client"
(or "fs/smbclient")

Thoughts?

@ 2021-09-14 21:21         ` Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2021-09-14 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: LKML, CIFS, ronnie sahlberg

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 1:06 PM Steve French <smfrench@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 12:43 PM Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 10:09 AM Steve French <smfrench@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> > I'm ok with directory renames, git handles it all well enough that the
> > pain should be fairly minimal.
> >
> > I'd ask for that to be done during a fairly calm cycle, though, when
> > there isn't a lot pending, so that any rename conflicts will be
> > minimized.
<snip>
> > > Do you have any objections to me renaming the client's source
> > > directory to "fs/smb3" (or fs/smb) and fs/smb3_common ...?
> >
> > So no objections to the rename per se, but can we please use a more
> > specific name that is *not* tainted by history?
> >
> > I'll throw out two suggestions, but they are just that: (a) "smbfs" or
> > (b) "smb-client".

Due to git history for fs/smbfs directory (from many, many years ago) rename
to "fs/smbfs" could be more confusing. So alternative suggestion which
I implemented
was rename the source directory from fs/cifs to "fs/smbfs_client."  I
will send a P/R
for that since it is fairly quiet right now.  If you would prefer that
we wait for a future
release that is fine too, but seems like low risk now and might reduce
future confusion in
the future (to rename the source directory).

* Re: [GIT PULL] cifs/smb3 client fixes
@ 2023-03-26 16:21 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2023-03-26 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve French; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, LKML, CIFS

The pull request you sent on Sat, 25 Mar 2023 21:02:14 -0500:

> git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git tags/smb3-client-fixes-6.3-rc3

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/6485ac65af2b204e5150576d800c92d968c065b0

Thank you!

--

@ 2023-03-26  2:02 Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2023-03-26  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: LKML, CIFS

Please pull the following changes since commit
38e04b3e4240a6d8fb43129ebad41608db64bc6f:

  Merge tag '6.3-rc2-smb3-client-fixes' of
git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6 (2023-03-16 15:06:16 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git tags/smb3-client-fixes-6.3-rc3

for you to fetch changes up to 491eafce1a51c457701351a4bf40733799745314:

  smb3: fix unusable share after force unmount failure (2023-03-24
14:37:12 -0500)

Twelve cifs/smb3 client fixes (most also for stable)
- forced umount fix
- Fix for two perf regressions
- three reconnect fixes
- three small debugging improvements
- three multichannel fixes

This does not include an important lease break fix which is still being tested.
Paulo Alcantara (2):
      cifs: fix missing unload_nls() in smb2_reconnect()
      cifs: fix dentry lookups in directory handle cache

Shyam Prasad N (8):
      cifs: check only tcon status on tcon related functions
      cifs: lock chan_lock outside match_session
      cifs: do not poll server interfaces too regularly
      cifs: empty interface list when server doesn't support query interfaces
      cifs: dump pending mids for all channels in DebugData
      cifs: print session id while listing open files
      cifs: append path to open_enter trace event
      cifs: avoid race conditions with parallel reconnects

Steve French (2):
      smb3: lower default deferred close timeout to address perf regression
      smb3: fix unusable share after force unmount failure

 fs/cifs/cached_dir.c    | 37 +++++++++++++++++++++++--
 fs/cifs/cifs_debug.c    | 46 ++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 fs/cifs/cifsfs.c        |  9 ++++---
 fs/cifs/cifssmb.c       |  6 ++---
 fs/cifs/connect.c       | 72 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 fs/cifs/dfs.c           | 10 ++++---
 fs/cifs/dfs_cache.c     |  2 +-
 fs/cifs/file.c          |  8 +++---
 fs/cifs/fs_context.h    |  2 +-
 fs/cifs/link.c          |  2 ++
 fs/cifs/smb2inode.c     |  1 +
 fs/cifs/smb2ops.c       | 27 ++++++++++++++++++-
 fs/cifs/smb2pdu.c       | 62 ++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
 fs/cifs/smb2transport.c | 17 +++++++++---
 fs/cifs/trace.h         | 12 ++++++---

@ 2022-02-04 17:58 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2022-02-04 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve French; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, LKML, CIFS

The pull request you sent on Fri, 4 Feb 2022 00:08:12 -0600:

> git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git tags/5.17-rc3-smb3-client-fixes

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/633a8e8986eac2c9e32c76ccb9cfe0e5a898b314

Thank you!

--

@ 2022-02-04  6:08 Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2022-02-04  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: LKML, CIFS

Please pull the following changes since commit
e783362eb54cd99b2cac8b3a9aeac942e6f6ac07:

  Linux 5.17-rc1 (2022-01-23 10:12:53 +0200)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git tags/5.17-rc3-smb3-client-fixes

for you to fetch changes up to d3b331fb51f326d5b5326010bf2b5841bb86cdc6:

  cifs: fix workstation_name for multiuser mounts (2022-02-03 00:16:37 -0600)

SMB3 client fixes including:
- multiple fscache related fixes, reenabling ability to read/write to
cached files for cifs.ko
  (that was temporarily disabled for cifs.ko a few weeks ago due to
the recent fscache changes)
    - also includes a new fscache helper function ("query_occupancy")
used by above
- fix for multiuser mounts and NTLMSSP auth (workstation name) for stable
- fix locking ordering problem in multichannel code
- trivial malformed comment fix

Unit test results:
http://smb3-test-rhel-75.southcentralus.cloudapp.azure.com/#/builders/2/builds/882

There is an additional DFS reconnection fix, unrelated to this, still
being worked on, that is not included in this P/R
David Howells (5):
      Fix a warning about a malformed kernel doc comment in cifs
      cifs: Transition from ->readpages() to ->readahead()
      netfs, cachefiles: Add a method to query presence of data in the cache
      cifs: Implement cache I/O by accessing the cache directly
      cifs: Fix the readahead conversion to manage the batch when
reading from cache

Rohith Surabattula (1):
      Invalidate fscache cookie only when inode attributes are changed.

Ryan Bair (1):
      cifs: fix workstation_name for multiuser mounts

Shyam Prasad N (1):
      cifs: unlock chan_lock before calling cifs_put_tcp_session

 Documentation/filesystems/netfs_library.rst |  16 ++
 fs/cachefiles/io.c                          |  59 +++++++
 fs/cifs/connect.c                           |  23 ++-
 fs/cifs/file.c                              | 221 ++++++++++-----------------
 fs/cifs/fscache.c                           | 126 ++++++++++++---
 fs/cifs/fscache.h                           |  79 ++++++----
 fs/cifs/inode.c                             |   8 +-
 fs/cifs/sess.c                              |   6 +-
 include/linux/netfs.h                       |   7 +

@ 2021-12-11  1:38 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2021-12-11  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve French; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, LKML, CIFS

The pull request you sent on Fri, 10 Dec 2021 14:41:49 -0600:

> git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git tags/5.16-rc4-smb3-fixes

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/e1b96811e21287be40136292863f6010b8813c9e

Thank you!

--

@ 2021-12-10 20:41 Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2021-12-10 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: LKML, CIFS

Please pull the following changes since commit
0fcfb00b28c0b7884635dacf38e46d60bf3d4eb1:

  Linux 5.16-rc4 (2021-12-05 14:08:22 -0800)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git tags/5.16-rc4-smb3-fixes

for you to fetch changes up to 9de0737d5ba0425c3154d5d83da12a8fa8595c0f:

  cifs: fix ntlmssp auth when there is no key exchange (2021-12-08
16:48:43 -0600)

two cifs/smb3 fixes:
- one for stable to fix a problem with module unload of the arc4 module
- the other fixes a recently reported NTLMSSP auth problem

There is an additional fscache fix that is still being tested and
reviewed but not included in this P/R

Regression test results:
http://smb3-test-rhel-75.southcentralus.cloudapp.azure.com/#/builders/2/builds/851
Paulo Alcantara (1):
      cifs: fix ntlmssp auth when there is no key exchange

Vincent Whitchurch (1):
      cifs: Fix crash on unload of cifs_arc4.ko

 fs/cifs/sess.c              | 54
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------
 fs/smbfs_common/cifs_arc4.c | 13 -------------

@ 2021-11-06 23:50 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2021-11-06 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve French; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, CIFS, LKML

The pull request you sent on Sat, 6 Nov 2021 08:49:31 -0500:

> git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git tags/5.16-rc-part1-smb3-client-fixes

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/b5013d084e03e82ceeab4db8ae8ceeaebe76b0eb

Thank you!

--

@ 2021-11-06 13:49 Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2021-11-06 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: CIFS, LKML

Please pull the following changes since commit
3906fe9bb7f1a2c8667ae54e967dc8690824f4ea:

  Linux 5.15-rc7 (2021-10-25 11:30:31 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git tags/5.16-rc-part1-smb3-client-fixes

for you to fetch changes up to d7171cd1acf70eb949ece8ccc95be27b3dfcf4da:

  smb3: add dynamic trace points for socket connection (2021-11-05
16:20:24 -0500)

7 cifs/smb3 fixes:
- a reconnect fix for stable
- a minor mount option fix
- a debugging improvement for (TCP) connection issues
- refactoring of common code to help ksmbd

Regression test results:
http://smb3-test-rhel-75.southcentralus.cloudapp.azure.com/#/builders/2/builds/826

There is a larger set of fixes (multichannel and DFS related e.g.)
still being tested/reviewed for later in the merge window
Ronnie Sahlberg (4):
      cifs: Create a new shared file holding smb2 pdu definitions
      cifs: move NEGOTIATE_PROTOCOL definitions out into the common area
      cifs: Move more definitions into the shared area
      cifs: Move SMB2_Create definitions to the shared area

Shyam Prasad N (1):
      cifs: To match file servers, make sure the server hostname matches

Steve French (2):
      cifs: add mount parameter tcpnodelay
      smb3: add dynamic trace points for socket connection

 fs/cifs/cifsfs.c          |   1 -
 fs/cifs/cifsglob.h        |   3 +-
 fs/cifs/connect.c         |  26 +-
 fs/cifs/fs_context.c      |  16 ++
 fs/cifs/fs_context.h      |   2 +
 fs/cifs/misc.c            |   2 +-
 fs/cifs/smb2maperror.c    |  16 +-
 fs/cifs/smb2misc.c        |  47 ++--
 fs/cifs/smb2ops.c         |  73 +++---
 fs/cifs/smb2pdu.c         | 187 +++++++-------
 fs/cifs/smb2pdu.h         | 919
++----------------------------------------------------------------
 fs/cifs/smb2proto.h       |   2 +-
 fs/cifs/smb2transport.c   |  36 +--
 fs/cifs/trace.h           |  71 ++++++
 fs/smbfs_common/smb2pdu.h | 989
 create mode 100644 fs/smbfs_common/smb2pdu.h

@ 2021-09-25 19:06 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2021-09-25 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve French; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, CIFS, LKML

The pull request you sent on Fri, 24 Sep 2021 18:23:14 -0500:

> git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git tags/5.15-rc2-smb3-fixes

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/b8f4296560e33e4e3cbed17a674d1b6dd23191af

Thank you!

--

@ 2021-09-24 23:23 Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2021-09-24 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: CIFS, LKML

Please pull the following changes since commit
fdf5078458793fca9e9c0fb5e58a1a970ca0fdef:

  Merge tag '5.15-rc1-smb3' of git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6
(2021-09-20 15:30:29 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git tags/5.15-rc2-smb3-fixes

for you to fetch changes up to 9ed38fd4a15417cac83967360cf20b853bfab9b6:

  cifs: fix incorrect check for null pointer in header_assemble
(2021-09-23 21:12:53 -0500)

Six small cifs/smb3 fixes, 2 for stable
- important fix for deferred close (found by a git functional test)
related to attribute caching on close.
- four (two cosmetic, two more serious) small fixes for problems
pointed out by smatch via Dan Carpenter
- fix for comment formatting problems pointed out by W=1

regression test results:
http://smb3-test-rhel-75.southcentralus.cloudapp.azure.com/#/builders/2/builds/805
Dan Carpenter (1):
      cifs: fix a sign extension bug

David Howells (1):
      cifs: Deal with some warnings from W=1

Steve French (4):
      cifs: Clear modified attribute bit from inode flags
      smb3: correct smb3 ACL security descriptor
      smb3: correct server pointer dereferencing check to be more consistent
      cifs: fix incorrect check for null pointer in header_assemble

 fs/cifs/connect.c |  5 +++--
 fs/cifs/file.c    |  4 ++--
 fs/cifs/misc.c    | 17 ++++++++++++++---
 fs/cifs/smb2pdu.c |  4 ++--

@ 2021-09-20 23:32 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2021-09-20 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve French; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, CIFS, LKML

The pull request you sent on Sat, 18 Sep 2021 14:54:43 -0500:

> git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git tags/5.15-rc1-smb3

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/fdf5078458793fca9e9c0fb5e58a1a970ca0fdef

Thank you!

--

@ 2021-09-18 19:54 Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2021-09-18 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: CIFS, LKML

Please pull the following changes since commit
6880fa6c56601bb8ed59df6c30fd390cc5f6dd8f:

  Linux 5.15-rc1 (2021-09-12 16:28:37 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.samba.org/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git tags/5.15-rc1-smb3

for you to fetch changes up to 35866f3f779aef5e7ba84e4d1023fe2e2a0e219e:

  cifs: Not to defer close on file when lock is set (2021-09-17 16:59:41 -0500)

5 cifs/smb3 client fixes:
 - two deferred close fixes (for bugs found with xfstests 478 and 461)
 - a deferred close improvement in rename
- two trivial fixes for incorrect Linux comment formatting of multiple
cifs files (pointed out by automated kernel test robot and checkpatch)

There is one additional deferred close fix and some important
multichannel fixes that are still being reviewed/tested that are not
included in this.
Rohith Surabattula (3):
      cifs: Deferred close performance improvements
      cifs: Fix soft lockup during fsstress
      cifs: Not to defer close on file when lock is set

Steve French (2):
      cifs: remove pathname for file from SPDX header
      cifs: fix incorrect kernel doc comments

 fs/cifs/cache.c                      |  2 +-
 fs/cifs/cifs_debug.c                 |  1 -
 fs/cifs/cifs_fs_sb.h                 |  1 -
 fs/cifs/cifs_ioctl.h                 |  1 -
 fs/cifs/cifs_spnego.c                |  2 +-
 fs/cifs/cifs_spnego.h                |  2 +-
 fs/cifs/cifs_unicode.c               |  1 -
 fs/cifs/cifsacl.c                    |  1 -
 fs/cifs/cifsacl.h                    |  1 -
 fs/cifs/cifsencrypt.c                |  1 -
 fs/cifs/cifsfs.c                     |  1 -
 fs/cifs/cifsfs.h                     |  1 -
 fs/cifs/cifsglob.h                   |  2 +-
 fs/cifs/cifspdu.h                    |  1 -
 fs/cifs/cifsproto.h                  |  4 +++-
 fs/cifs/cifssmb.c                    |  1 -
 fs/cifs/connect.c                    | 13 ++++++++---
 fs/cifs/dir.c                        |  1 -
 fs/cifs/dns_resolve.c                |  1 -
 fs/cifs/dns_resolve.h                |  4 ++--
 fs/cifs/export.c                     |  1 -
 fs/cifs/file.c                       |  3 ++-
 fs/cifs/fscache.c                    |  2 +-
 fs/cifs/fscache.h                    |  2 +-
 fs/cifs/inode.c                      |  7 +++---
 fs/cifs/ioctl.c                      |  3 +--
 fs/cifs/link.c                       |  1 -
 fs/cifs/misc.c                       | 42 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 fs/cifs/netmisc.c                    |  1 -
 fs/cifs/ntlmssp.h                    |  1 -
 fs/cifs/readdir.c                    |  1 -
 fs/cifs/rfc1002pdu.h                 |  1 -
 fs/cifs/sess.c                       |  1 -
 fs/cifs/smb2file.c                   |  1 -
 fs/cifs/smb2glob.h                   |  1 -
 fs/cifs/smb2inode.c                  |  1 -
 fs/cifs/smb2misc.c                   |  1 -
 fs/cifs/smb2pdu.c                    |  1 -
 fs/cifs/smb2pdu.h                    |  1 -
 fs/cifs/smb2proto.h                  |  1 -
 fs/cifs/smb2status.h                 |  1 -
 fs/cifs/smb2transport.c              |  1 -
 fs/cifs/smberr.h                     |  1 -
 fs/cifs/transport.c                  |  1 -
 fs/cifs/winucase.c                   |  1 -
 fs/cifs/xattr.c                      |  1 -
 fs/smbfs_common/smbfsctl.h           |  2 +-
 include/uapi/linux/cifs/cifs_mount.h |  1 -

Steve