We can cut the number of roundtrips on open (may also help some rename cases as well) by returning the inode number in the SMB2 open request itself instead of querying it afterwards via a query FILE_INTERNAL_INFO. This should significantly improve the performance of posix open. Add SMB2_CREATE_QUERY_ON_DISK_ID create context request on open calls so that when server supports this we can save a roundtrip for QUERY_INFO on every open. Follow on patch will add the response processing for SMB2_CREATE_QUERY_ON_DISK_ID context and optimize smb2_open_file to avoid the extra network roundtrip on every posix open. This patch adds the context on SMB2/SMB3 open requests. -- Thanks, Steve