linux-cifs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@gmail.com>
To: Steve French <smfrench@gmail.com>
Cc: "Aurélien Aptel" <aaptel@suse.com>,
	"Murphy Zhou" <jencce.kernel@gmail.com>,
	CIFS <linux-cifs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Are the xfstests exclusion files on wiki.samba.org up to date?
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 20:39:53 +1000	[thread overview]

Thanks, good post.

I think the OP is right. The wikipage is obsolete and IMHO we should
change it to just point to our buildbot
as being the canonical truth of what tests we expect to run.
(we used to have the outdated wiki, then we had every developer having
private, secret scripts with specific subsets of tests,   and we had a
lot of regressions every release until ~5.0 or so I would say.)

At this point, the tests we run on the buildbot IS the canonical set
of the tests that are expected to work and that all of us targets.
Maybe we should look into surfacing the list of tests we perform
better. I.e. what tests do we run against windows/samba+btrfs/azure
and why?

Lets get rid of the list of tests from the wiki and let the buildbot
be the single canonical source of truth.

Regards
ronnie sahlberg