The patch is pretty small. You might need to massage it a little bit since I recall that we renamed the smb2quota util but that is not yet in github On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 10:23 AM Pavel Shilovsky wrote: > > Hi everyone, > > Sorry for the delay in responses. I agree with the idea to re-write > smbinfo in python since it gives more flexibility. And yes, we will > need installers for python utilities in order to properly ship those. > > I am going to cut off the next release at the beginning of next week. > The "next" branch is updated to have everything that I have got for > now, except smbinfo re-write in python that I would like to postpone > for the next release. > > https://github.com/piastry/cifs-utils/commits/next > > If any patch is missed or If someone has any WIP patches that need to > be in the next release, please let me know. > > -- > Best regards, > Pavel Shilovsky > > чт, 10 окт. 2019 г. в 00:22, Aurélien Aptel : > > > > "ronnie sahlberg" writes: > > > I think it would be good to have these tools as part of the actual install. > > > They are in python so they are imho much more useful to the target users > > > (sysadmins) than a utility written in C. > > > (I kind of regret that smbinfo is in C, it should have been python > > > too:-( ) > > > > I completely agree, we could rewrite smbinfo in python. > > > > > Maybe we just need to decide on a naming prefix for these utilities > > > and then there shouldn't be > > > a problem to add many small useful tools. > > > > We can also make the C code call the python script for now (or vice > > versa, while smbinfo gets rewritten). > > > > > The nice thing with small python tools is that it is so easy to tweak > > > them to specific usecases. > > > > +100 > > > > Cheers, > > -- > > Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team > > GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97 8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3 > > SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, DE > > GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah HRB 247165 (AG München)