linux-cifs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Stef Bon <stefbon@gmail.com>
To: linux-cifs <linux-cifs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Question about parsing acl to get linux attributes.
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 18:02:21 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

I'm working on a FUSE filesystem to browse and access SMB networks.
I'm using libsmb2 for that. It's not online yet, but my software is here:

https://github.com/stefbon/OSNS

Now I found out that smb2/3 do not support posix like file attributes,
but do (almost?) everything with acl's.
Now I see the function parse_dacl in fs/cifs/cifsacl.c, which
determines the permissions from the acl. I see also that when there
are no acl's, the default is 0777. I made the same choice in my
filesystem.
I've got some questions:

a. what does the sid_unix_NFS_mode stand for? Is it part of the "unix
extensions module for Windows"?

b. can you assume some order in the acl's, so you participate on that?
I want to know there are optimizations possible.

Thanks in advance,

Stef Bon