Hi Steve, I just contacted dochelp for this and noticed (from reading the code) that the kernel sends null-termination for the SMB2_NETNAME_NEGOTIATE_CONTEXT_ID value. I think you should fix that and backport it to stable releases, it would be good if all clients would implement it like windows. I implemented it for Samba here: https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/merge_requests/666 metze Am 26.07.19 um 10:22 schrieb Stefan Metzmacher via cifs-protocol: > Hi DocHelp, > > I just noticed a documentation bug in > [MS-SMB2] 2.2.3.1.4 SMB2_NETNAME_NEGOTIATE_CONTEXT_ID: > > NetName (variable): A null-terminated Unicode string containing the > server name and specified by the client application. > > Windows Server 1903 sends the name without null-termination, see the > attached capture. > > metze