linux-cifs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Processing ASYNC responses
@ 2021-06-22 17:45 Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2021-06-22 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CIFS, samba-technical, COMMON INTERNET FILE SYSTEM SERVER

I noticed that the client isn't checking for SMB2_FLAGS_ASYNC_COMMAND
in the header flags field in the response processing.   Are there
cases where we should be checking for this?  See section 3.2.5.1.5 of
MS-SMB2

Steve

* Re: Processing ASYNC responses
@ 2021-06-22 18:31 ` Tom Talpey
From: Tom Talpey @ 2021-06-22 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve French, CIFS, samba-technical, COMMON INTERNET FILE SYSTEM SERVER

On 6/22/2021 1:45 PM, Steve French wrote:
> I noticed that the client isn't checking for SMB2_FLAGS_ASYNC_COMMAND
> in the header flags field in the response processing.   Are there
> cases where we should be checking for this?  See section 3.2.5.1.5 of
> MS-SMB2

The header format is different when this flag is set. Looking
at smb2pdu.h, I don't even see a structure declaration for the
async header! How/where do async responses get processed??

Tom.