Linux-Crypto Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: "Stephan Müller" <smueller@chronox.de>
To: "Bhat, Jayalakshmi Manjunath" <jayalakshmi.bhat@hp.com>,
	Ard Biesheuvel <ardb@kernel.org>
Cc: "linux-crypto@vger.kernel.org" <linux-crypto@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Monte Carlo Test (MCT) for AES
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 20:43:43 +0200

Am Samstag, 23. Mai 2020, 00:11:35 CEST schrieb Ard Biesheuvel:

Hi Ard,

> (+ Stephan)
>
> On Fri, 22 May 2020 at 05:20, Bhat, Jayalakshmi Manjunath
>
> <jayalakshmi.bhat@hp.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We are using libkcapi for CAVS vectors verification on our Linux kernel.
> > Our Linux kernel version is 4.14.  Monte Carlo Test (MCT) for SHA worked
> > fine using libkcapi. We are trying to perform Monte Carlo Test (MCT) for
> > AES using libkcapi. We not able to get the result successfully. Is it
> > possible to use libkcapi to achieve AES MCT?

Yes, it is possible. I have the ACVP testing implemented completely for AES
(ECB, CBC, CFB8, CFB128, CTR, XTS, GCM internal and external IV generation,
CCM), TDES (ECB, CTR, CBC), SHA, HMAC, CMAC (AES and TDES). I did not yet try
TDES CFB8 and CFB64 through, but it should work out of the box.

AES-KW is the only one that cannot be tested through libkcapi as AF_ALG has
one shortcoming preventing this test.

The testing is implemented with [1] but the libkcapi test backend is not
public. The public code in [1] already implements the MCT. So, if you want to
use [1], all you need to implement is a libkcapi backend that just invokes the
ciphers as defined by the API in [1].

[1] https://github.com/smuellerDD/acvpparser

Ciao
Stephan