Hi Herbert et al, attached are two patches where each patch has a different approach to copy the AAD in the algif_aead operation. I would like to hear your opinion which approach should be taken. The patch 0001-crypto-algif_aead-copy-AAD-from-src-to-dst_separate.patch simply copies the AAD over from TX SGL to RX SGL. The pro is that the patch is small. The con is that this approach does *not* provide an in-place crypto operation. The patch 0001-crypto-algif_aead-copy-AAD-from-src-to-dst_inplace.patch copies the AAD and the PT/CT from TX SGL into the RX SGL. In addition, this patch chains the SGL with the tag value part present in the TX SGL to the RX SGL in case of decryption. This implies that we have an in-place cipher operation operating in the RX SGL. Though, the patch is significantly larger. (note: the patches are NOT meant for inclusion, but only for discussion -- yet both code parts are fully tested with by test framework in libkcapi). Ciao Stephan