Linux-Crypto Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Stephan Mueller <smueller@chronox.de>
To: "Juan Pablo Nariño Mendoza" <jnarino@gmail.com>
Cc: linux-crypto@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: AEAD Question
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 18:32:39 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2016, 18:17:14 CEST schrieb Juan Pablo Nariño
Mendoza:

Hi Juan,

> Sorry in advance for making what shall be a basic question for this
> list, but I have really ran out of ideas.
>
> Can someone explain me please, how does the memory layout and sg lists
> work for the IPSec case, with generated IV case?
>
> As I understand, it is like this (ascii art)
>
> AD | IV Space | Plain Text | Auth Tag
>  ^                   ^
>
> asg              sg

The memory layout is correct when using the RFC4106 cipher.

How you partition your physical memory with the SGL is your choice as long as
your data in the SGL is lined up as you mentioned above.

> But I am having the AD overwritten, and the AUTH tag and encryption is
> not correct? Could someone please point me in the right direction?
> Thank you again

Maybe the src and dst SGL somehow partially overlap?

> Regards
>
> Juan
> --

Ciao