Linux-Crypto Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
To: Pascal Van Leeuwen <pvanleeuwen@verimatrix.com>
Cc: "linux-crypto@vger.kernel.org" <linux-crypto@vger.kernel.org>,
	"davem@davemloft.net" <davem@davemloft.net>,
	Eric Biggers <ebiggers@kernel.org>
Subject: Re: AEAD question
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 12:57:50 +1000

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 09:20:52AM +0000, Pascal Van Leeuwen wrote:

> The discussion below still lacks some resolution ...
>
> What is boils down to is: what should an authenc AEAD driver do when it
> gets a setauthsize request of zero?

It must support zero for the special case of digest_null, which
is used to test the IPsec stack.  In other cases I'm OK with
forbidding the use of zero as the IPsec code won't allow a zero
to get through anyway (IOW you can only access this code path
via af_alg).

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>