linux-crypto.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* AEAD question
@ 2019-07-22 12:55 Pascal Van Leeuwen
From: Pascal Van Leeuwen @ 2019-07-22 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-crypto; +Cc: Eric Biggers, Herbert Xu, davem

Eric & Herbert,

I noticed the testmgr fuzz tester generating (occasionally, see previous mail) tests cases with
authsize=0 for the AEAD ciphers. I'm wondering if that is intentional. Or actually, I'm wondering
whether that should be considered a legal case.
To me, it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to do *authenticated* encryption and then
effectively throw away the authentication result ... (it's just a waste of power and/or cycles)

The reason for this question is that supporting this requires some specific workaround in my
driver (yet again). And yes, I'm aware of the fact that I can advertise I don't support zero length
authentication tags, but then probably/likely testmgr will punish me for that instead.

Regards,
Pascal van Leeuwen
Silicon IP Architect, Multi-Protocol Engines @ Verimatrix
www.insidesecure.com

* AEAD Question
@ 2016-10-26 16:17 Juan Pablo Nariño Mendoza
From: Juan Pablo Nariño Mendoza @ 2016-10-26 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-crypto

Sorry in advance for making what shall be a basic question for this
list, but I have really ran out of ideas.

Can someone explain me please, how does the memory layout and sg lists
work for the IPSec case, with generated IV case?

As I understand, it is like this (ascii art)

AD | IV Space | Plain Text | Auth Tag
asg              sg

But I am having the AD overwritten, and the AUTH tag and encryption is
not correct? Could someone please point me in the right direction?
Thank you again

Regards

Juan