Hello, Linus Torvalds wrote: > Ok, this patch seems to fix it for me, so I undid my revert that I > hadn't pushed out yet, and pushed out this instead. Commit e68410ebf62676dfb93aafff7c55b76644f37072 in Linus's tree from this crpyto update (crypto: x86/sha512_ssse3 - move SHA-384/512 SSSE3 implementation to base layer) causes a GPF on boot in sha512_ssse3_finup for me on a Broadwell i7-5600U, rendering the kernel unbootable. Reverting that commit enables me to boot. I don't know enough about the code to comment. Config is attached, and I can provide a photo of the reported Call Trace if thats helpful. It is quite reproducible for me. yours, Bobby