linux-crypto.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Gilad Ben-Yossef <gilad@benyossef.com>
To: Gilad Ben Yossef <Gilad.BenYossef@arm.com>,
	Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>,
	Hadar Gat <hadar.gat@arm.com>
Cc: kernel list <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
Subject: Re: Fw: Arm CryptoCell driver -- default Y, even on machines where it is obviously useless
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 09:33:26 +0300	[thread overview]

There's a delicate point here though - CryptoCell is an independent
hardware block, it is not tied to a particular CPU architecture.
There are SoCs with none-Arm architecture CPU using it.

So I would say whatever the answer is, it should be the same for any
generic embedded style HW block.

And the help text is not architecture specific anyway, is it not..?

Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef
Chief Coffee Drinker