Hi, On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 04:11:48PM +0800, Chen-Yu Tsai wrote: > This patch enables a PiFi DAC+ V2.0, which is a PCM5122-based audio > output DAC add-on board for the Raspberry Pi B+ and later, connected > to the GPIO header of the Bananapi M3 via jumper cables. The power, > ground, and I2C pins are in the same position, but the I2S ones are > not. > > The I2C controller used is I2C2, while the I2S controller is I2S1. > > Signed-off-by: Chen-Yu Tsai > --- > > I'm sure I've asked this before, and IIRC the answer was yes: The I2C > controllers available on the GPIO header all have proper, always-on, > external pull-ups. Does that mean we can enable them by default, seeing > as they are likely intended to be used this way (as I2C pins)? > > I think we have a few boards where either I2C or UARTs on the GPIO > header are enabled by default. The consensus we reached that we would fill the nodes, but leave them disabled. In this particular case, I guess it would help for the i2c controller, but not for the i2s one. Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering http://free-electrons.com